JAVLN is a fast growing NZ insurtech, solving broker pain points with smart software. International market entry is a strategic objective, some of which need new intelligent software capability to be unlocked. JAVLN was introduced to Arcanum through AWS.
Led by CEO Dale Smith, it took only one call for JAVLN to validate the need for machine learning to support their journey into new markets. JAVLN needs to focus all available developer resources on the core application; working with a partner to build and support a new machine learning capability fit the need for speed and minimal resource distraction.
Extracting 10 pieces of key information from insurance documents is the core capability JAVLN needed to secure new customers.
- Our data science team provided a plan to build, deploy and run the models; including a calculator for the AWS running costs.
- Arcanum built a solution to; Run text extraction (OCR), Pre-process raw text, An NLP model to produce a final output
- The Arcanum Accelerate platform is used to create deployment code that will run in the JAVLN AWS environment.
- To support faster integration, Arcanum built a simple prototype web app to test inputs and outputs.
- Once integrated with the core app, detailed MLOps performance monitoring will be available in the Accelerate platform dashboard.
“We could have tried to undertake the ML development work ourselves, but the risk of failure and the cost of building our own expert team didn’t make strategic sense. We believe ML will unlock large new markets for us, the business case for working with Arcanum and their Accelerate Platform was easy. Now that we know what is possible, use cases for ML are easy to identify and add to the product backlog. ”
DALE SMITH - CEO, JAVLN
“Our team has been impressed by the speed at which the JAVLN team embraced the potential of ML and aligned the team to make development and integration straightforward. I have no doubt JAVLN is going to grow rapidly and I look forward to Arcanum playing a role in their global success.”
ASA COX - CEO, ARCANUM